Tree of Life Preschool runs on a parent-cooperative concept governed by a volunteer Parent Board of Directors. Parents or family members are required to participate as helpers in the classroom up to 3 times a year as well as fulfill one Helping Hands requirement each year.
Parent participation serves a special role in helping to make the classroom a safe and fun place as well as developing a relationship with your child and his/her classmates. Beginning in the 2019/20 school year, parent helpers will volunteer in the classroom up to 3 times a year. On the day that you help in the classroom your child will be the “Star of the Day” and will bring a special book (toddler room) and encouraged to bring a few items for Show & Share (preschool room).
Among the duties and tasks that you may be asked to perform in the classroom are:
- Play with children
- Assist with art activities
- Read books
- Provide and prepare a beverage and snack for the students
- Clean up after snack
- Help supervise children on the playground or in the playroom
- Prepare for class dismissal
Each family to required to volunteer for one Helping Hands assignment each year. Among the options are:
- Classroom Helper – assist teachers with the prep of art supplies such as making playdoh and cutting out materials.
- Wash dress-up clothes
- Classroom cleaning / toy washing
- Assist with vision screening
- Assist with Family Photography Day